CD recording of music for trombone and piano
Niels-Ole Bo Johansen, professor
Danish composers have in the latter years written several works for trombone and piano. This CD has no more than 4 first recordings and represents the variety of composers in Denmark. Johansen has had the privilege to have the works by Rasmussen, Bach and Wu written for him. The Schmidt Utrecht concerto and Holmboe Sonata were both written for Carsten Svanberg. Since the Schmidt Concerto (2000) was scored for trombone and symphony orchestra, he persuaded the composer to write a piano part in 2007, thus making the piece accessible to a wider audience.
- Vagn Holmboe: Sonata for trombone & piano
- Karl Aage Rasmussen: Craving Dance (1st recording)
- Ole Schmidt: Utrecht Concerto (1 st recording)
- Eric Bach: Cross Over (1st recording)
- Li-Ying Wu: Amalgam (1st recording)
Niels-Ole Bo Johansen – trombone Erik Kaltoft – piano Henrik Winther Hansen – sound engineer and producer.